Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A new Job, A new land, A new Life.

College is over, the part of my life that my parents say are the best years of your life. I spent most of the time working and sweating. It is over, but the aftershocks from it still come and go. I was one of the fortunate few to land a job before the end of school. By "end" I mean I got the job the day of graduation. At that point I brimming with so much doubt and fear over my professional future that they could have offered me a position as their office tack board and I would have vomited with relief over the phone. The company of question, Rhythm & Hues. A Academy Award winning visual effects studio. Amongst their many works is Narnia, The Golden Compass, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Garfield.

Masterpiece.

By joining Rhythm, I have made a pact with destiny, and committed myself to go to a foreign land (Los Angeles) and meet a culture I have only heard rumors about. I immediately bought a gun. My conservative estimates put the journey to 5 days. That after whittling down and packaging all the crap which I could convince myself I would need.


"That goes on the dashboard."

Just get things sorted proved to be a two week affair. No worries though, I have always managed to schedule things with plenty of time necessary to get the job done while satiating my loafing quota. But even so, things would come to a pinnacle, and no one thing can fail without ruining the entire plan.

Continued on next installment

3 comments:

  1. just wanted to tell you how much i love you. i exited from the world of theatre after finding it not to my taste, and not nice to my wallet. i have shacked up in richmond to see what i can see and begin the freelancing part of my existence. visions of new york loom in the near future, but we shall see what happens. i love you i love you i love you, feel free to call when you aren't bogged down with too many important things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another important and well Presenting article. Good facts and viewpoints. You do a great job, and your blog IS one of my favorites.
    manhattan locksmith
    emergency locksmith

    ReplyDelete
  3. If some one needs to be updated with hottest technologies then he must be pay a quick visit this web page and be up to date everyday. Prediksi Bola

    ReplyDelete